Re-opening guidance from the Government and Acupuncture Professional Associations
Root and Branch Acupuncture will be expanding its re-opening hours from Monday June 29th to include full days on Mondays and Fridays, and Saturday mornings. Working practices will continue to adhere to advice from Government (Return to Work Safely Protocol: Covid-19 Specific National Protocol for Employers and Workers) and my Professional Association, The Acupuncture Council of Ireland (Covid-19 Supplementary Guide for Returning to Work Safely).
Opening safely – what this means in practice
To keep clients and practitioner safe, a range of measures will be employed concerning hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, surface cleaning, timing of appointments and time spent with patients.
As the practitioner, I will be:
- washing hands and using hand sanitiser before and after treating each client
- wearing a mask,
- cleaning surfaces after each treatment
- allowing adequate time between appointments to clean and ventilate the treatment room
- undertaking initial consultations/subsequent discussion of treatment progress by phone so as to reduce time spent together in the treatment room
Clients will be asked to:
- Assess their own likelihood of having Covid symptoms and exposure to others with Covid or symptoms of Covid before making an appointment.
- Remain in their cars until invited by text to enter the premises
- Wash their hands immediately upon arrival
- Wear a mask if possible